Regular Oral Health Checks
At Hartley Dental we like to prevent problems before they happen, this is why we feel it is important for you to attend regular oral health checks as often as your dentist recommends.
During the appointment the dentist will check the following:
- General Health (Medical History)
- Oral Cancer
- Tooth wear & tear
- Dental Cavities
- Gum health
- Bone Levels
- Lymph nodes
- TMJ (Jaw Joint)
- Saliva Function
It is important even if you don’t have any teeth to visit the dentist every 2 years, as they will check for oral cancer. Cancer research UK sites that the incidence of Oral Cancer in the UK population has increased by 92% since the late 1970s. The more regularly we see you the less likely you are to suffer from dental emergencies and additional treatment. We are here to help, prevent and educate.
Book an appointment or call us on 01752 661361
Questions About Oral Health Checks
For our Initial Health Assessment you should allow about one and a half hours. This includes time with our dentists and with the treatment co-ordinators making sure we have all your details and explaining any diagnosis or treatments you need clarification about.
- Healthy Mouth Review – 15 minutes
- Plaque control and prevention visit (Hygiene Appointment) – 30 minutes
- Extanded Plaque control and prevention visit (Hygiene Appointment) – 45 minutes
- Orthodontic Review (if you have a brace fitted) – 15 minutes
- Healthy Mouth Review – £66
- Plaque control and prevention visit (Hygiene Appointment) 30 minutes – £80
- Extended plaque control and prevention visit (Hygiene Appointment) 45 minutes – £122
- Orthodontic Review – generally these are included in the overall price of the treatment
“I would highly recommend Hartley Dental, in fact, I was so impressed that I made appointments for my husband and our children. Thanks again for a great service.”
Jana, October 10th 2015
Membership & Oral Health Plans
A simple method of looking after your teeth and mouth at a price you can really afford.
Our membership and Oral Health Plans can include:
- Dental Hygienist appointments (30mins per visit)
- Out of hours emergency cover
- Accidental injury cover
- Emergency cover away from home including when abroad
- A discount on any restorative work required
We have a four tier system which gives you cover whether you need anything from our most straight forward treatments, to regular treatments for serious gum disease. After an initial assessment we will be able to advise you which of our plans best suits your needs.
And you can get all of this for as little as…
Children’s Oral Health Plans are also available from £7.95 per month. Knowing the basics of good Oral Hygiene from an early age leads to better Oral Health for life and can make a big difference in the health of your smile down the road.
Join 100s of others members today