We have some very exciting news this week. As of April, Hartley Hygienist Dean is heading off to Bristol to attend a 2 year hygiene therapy course. He will be changing his days to Monday & Thursday to accommodate this. As a result of this change we will be welcoming Katie Shephard who will be in the practice on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Katie is a qualified Dental Therapist which allows her to carry out advanced dental treatment.
The range of the treatment options she can offer are:
- Record indices and monitor disease
- Periodontal Treatment
- Apply materials to teeth such as fluoride and fissure sealants
- Take dental radiographs
- Provide dental health education on a one to one basis or in a group situation
- Routine restorations in both deciduous and permanent teeth, on adults and children
- Can use all materials except pre cast or pinned placements
- Extract deciduous teeth under local infiltration analgesia
- Pulp therapy treatment of deciduous teeth.
- Placement of pre formed crowns on deciduous teeth.
- Emergency temporary replacement of crowns and fillings
We are all delighted to welcome Katie who will be able to carry out simple restoration to the highest possible standard.
These changes mean we are able to offer a wider range of choices for appointments and providers.
If you’d like to book an appointment, call 01752 548076