Children’s Preventative Plan
Our plan is designed for those parents or guardians who wish their children to participate in a regular preventive care programme and to budget on a monthly basis.
Your Child’s Benefits
– the cost of your child’s preventive dental care is included
– payment by convenient monthly Direct Debit, allowing you to budget
– guaranteed registration with the practice and continuing access to your child’s dentist
– no need for an assessment – you can enrol your child immediately
– early identification of dental problems to prevent pain, discomfort and inconvenience
– appointment times to suit your child whenever possible
– priority bookings in the event of a dental emergency
– 50% discount on treatment fees
– access to a fun and interactive children’s dental health website: www.gr8smileclub.com
- access to a 24 hour dental emergency helpline 365 days per year
– worldwide Supplementary Dental Injury and Emergency Insurance
What does the Young Persons Prevention Plan include?
Our Young Persons Preventive Plan for children aged 6 -16 years of age costs £8.30 per month and covers:
- dental health examinations
- two appointments per year with the oral health educator
- fissure sealants and fluoride applications as advised by your dentist
- diet and oral hygiene advice
- membership card with 24 hour helpline numbers for dental emergencies at home or abroad
The monthly plan cost includes the charges for management and administration payable by you to DPAS. Treatment not covered by this plan can be paid for separately.
Young Persons Prevention Plan FAQs
In addition to your first monthly payment, an initial registration fee of £10 per child will be payable by you to DPAS and will be included in your first Direct Debit payment.
If you choose to cancel your child’s plan for any reason you can do so by simply giving us one month’s notice.
✓ cover for:
• up to £10,000 worth of treatment following dental injury
• temporary emergency treatment whilst away from home in the UK or abroad
(up to the limits specified)
• the call-out fee charged by a dentist opening their surgery to treat you in an emergency (up to the limits specified)
✓ hospital cash benefit under the care of an oral/ maxillofacial surgeon
✓ cash benefit if diagnosed with oral cancer
✓ 24 hour access to a worldwide emergency helpline.
The Supplementary Insurance is designed to cover the cost of temporary emergency treatment whilst you are away from home and therefore excludes the cost of emergency treatment carried out by your own dentist, a rota dentist, or any other dentist within a 15 mile radius of your practice.
However, call-out fees charged by any dentist to open their surgery (including your own dentist) are recoverable up to policy limits.
In the event of a dental injury, treatment carried out by any dentist (including your own dentist) is covered up to policy limits.
Please refer to the Policy Summary and Important Information lea et and the Policy for full details of the benefits, terms, conditions and exclusions.
“I would highly recommend Hartley Dental, in fact, I was so impressed that I made appointments for my husband and our children. Thanks again for a great service.”
Jana, October 10th 2015